The New England Center and Home for Veterans will host the Greater Boston Stand Down on Friday, September 8 at City Hall Plaza.
This remarkable community event will bring together more than 80 federal, state, and local agencies and nonprofits to provide a day of all-inclusive, intensive support to Veterans in the Greater Boston area. The day will include:
- Job training and employment fair
- Medical and dental care and screening on site
- Housing assistance advocates
- Female Veteran services experts
- Health and wellness clinic
- Mental health and substance use counseling services
- Clothing and personal hygiene product distribution
- Identification card/license support from the RMV
- Legal assistance
- Free haircuts – a very popular attraction!
As the region’s leader in Veteran services for the most at-risk, the New England Center and Home for Veterans (NECHV) provides comprehensive services to homeless and at-risk Veterans during reintegration into civilian life. Daunting barriers to independence will be addressed with intensive one-day intervention:
- Physical and mental health issues such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Substance use issues or criminal history
- Lack of support system
- Lack of education or required job skills
Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be available to all attendees. Entertainment will be provided throughout the day. On-site child care will be offered to Veteran families who need to access the critical stabilization services available at Stand Down.
Sponsorships are available at the following levels and can be in the form of
needed in-kind goods and services or financial contributions.
- $2,500 – Welcome Home
(Include your logo on all materials)
- $1,000 – In Service to Those Who Served
- $500 – Job Fair Sponsor
- $250 – Wellness Clinic Sponsor
- $125 – Patron
Your donation will directly provide services to vulnerable Veterans on Friday, September 8.
Veterans will need to bring proof of military service (DD214 is acceptable). For more information, contact StandDown@nechv.org. Event news will be regularly updated and can be found on the Facebook event page. A list of participating providers will be made available before the event. Please view our most up-to-date flyer below.