Stand Down is a 1-day event that brings together service providers and local Veterans, which enables Veterans to receive immediate comprehensive and coordinated services in one place. 2015’s event brought together over 50 federal, state, and local service agencies, and nearly 300 volunteers. More than 700 Veterans and their families were able to receive much-needed services over the course of the day.
This year’s Greater Boston Stand Down will begin at 8:00am and end at 2:00pm. Registration will open at 8:00am and close at 1:00pm. The event this year includes live entertainment between 12:00pm and 2:00pm by local bands Ramshackle and Partisan Rancour. The event will open with a ceremony led by Rolling Thunder at 8:00am.
Veterans requiring transportation to the event can take advantage of the following options:
- MBTA shuttle service to and from Andrew Station, Ruggles Station, and the Boston RMV.
- Shuttles throughout the day from New England Center and Home for Veterans – 17 Court St., Boston, MA 02108
- Shuttles throughout the day from the VA Boston Medical Center – 150 South Huntington Ave., Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.
- Shuttles throughout the day from the VA Brockton Medical Center – Building 3 at 940 Belmont St., Brockton, MA 02301.
- Transportation from Tenean Beach provided by Work, Inc. – Conley St., Boston, MA 02122
- Transportation from JFK Station provided by Work, Inc. – Columbia Rd., near old Colony Ave. and Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester, MA 02125.
Veterans will need to bring proof of military service (DD214 is acceptable). For more information, contact StandDown@nechv.org. Event news will be regularly updated and can be found on the Facebook event page. A list of participating providers will be made available before the event. Please view our most up-to-date flyer below.