Permanent and Supportive Housing
The New England Center and Home for Veterans is dedicated to ending Veteran homelessness by providing the tools and support that lead to independent living. The Center provides an array of supportive services for Veterans who are homeless or facing the possible loss of housing. Permanent and Supportive Housing services are provided for any Veteran, regardless of length of service or discharge status.
The following housing services are available:
- Permanent Onsite Residences – NECHV has 97 apartments on site at 17 Court Street, Boston. The on-site apartments are available to ensure long-term housing and provide a community of support for Veterans.
- Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF) – Available for Veterans and their families experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of losing their home. SSVF promotes housing stability and provides the skills necessary to maintain long term, independent living. SSVF counselors provide services including case management, housing and financial counseling, and assistance obtaining benefits and services.
- Community-Based Case Management – Provides time-limited case management services to eligible Veterans and their families. The goal of the program is to help Veterans who were previously homeless and have since transitioned into permanent housing maintain their housing. The role of the Community-Based Case Manager is to assist Veterans in maintaining their permanent housing. The Community-Based Case Manager will meet regularly with each Veteran to learn more about their history and service needs in order to connect them to services, benefits and resources that will best aid in housing retention.
- Veterans Welcome Home – Provides housing search assistance and ongoing supportive services to ensure that Veterans achieve and maintain stabilization in the community. Participants in this program are identified by the city of Boston, MA and then outreached by providers throughout the Boston area to engage them in such services.
- Homefront – Home Front is a low threshold, housing first program that provides permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless veterans in the City of Boston. The primary goal of Home Front is to help chronically homeless veterans obtain and remain in permanent housing and to minimize the risk of future homelessness. Home Front is a collaborative program between MHSA (Mass Housing and Shelter Alliance), Caritas Communities, and New England Center and Home for Veterans. Participants for this program are identified through the City of Boston’s Department of Neighborhood Development Coordinated Access System.