Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
The goal of the SSVF Program is to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran Families who reside in or are transitioning to permanent housing.
To become a participant under the SSVF Program, the following conditions must be met:
- A member of a “Veteran family” in which the head of the household, or the spouse of the head of household, is a Veteran
- Very low-income: Household income does not exceed 50% of area median income.
- Must be VA eligible.
- Outreach Services
- Case Management Services
- Assistance in Obtaining VA Benefits
- Assistance in Obtaining and Coordinating Other Public Benefits Available in the Grantee’s Area or Community
- Housing and Financial Stability Plans
- Assistance with Housing Search
- Temporary Financial Assistance (Time-limited payment for rent, security deposits, and transportation)
We serve the Greater Boston area including Suffolk, Norfolk, Middlesex, Essex, and Bristol Counties.
For more information call Marta Budu-Arthur at 617-371-1706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT ADVANCEMENT TEAM
New England Center and Home for Veterans
17 Court Street
Boston, MA 02108
Charlene F. Pontbriand
Senior Vice President, Advancement
Mark O. Gough
Director of Corporation and Foundation Relations
Director of Sponsorships and Events
Philanthropic Officer, Community Engagement
Lead Development Associate
Development Systems Manager
The New England Center and Home for Veterans is pleased to announce that the annual Greater Boston Stand Down will take place on Friday, September 9, 2022 at Boston City Hall Plaza. This yearly event brings together community providers and Veterans in one place to provide Veterans easy access to services and employment opportunities.
As in past years, over 100 service providers, employers, and community organizations are expected to turn out and provide essential supportive services, including housing assistance, medical care and wellness programs, legal support and employment assistance. Veterans will also be able to enjoy a free lunch and live entertainment.
Important information for Veterans planning to attend:
Veteran service hours are from 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM. You must bring proof of service. DD214 is acceptable.